Saturday, October 2, 2010

FREEEEEDOM!!

YOU GAT what it takes!!

"For whom the Son has set free is free indeed"

Do you know all day today I have heard that song by George Michael "FREEDOM" just that one phrase, it has been singing in my ear all day long and now at just past midnight I am hearing it even louder. Wow!! FREEDOM what a bold word and an even bolder concept. 

Freedom is defined "as the absence of or release from ties, obligations, etc" There are many more definitions of the word but this is the one that I really like.   "the power to exercise choice and make decisions without constraint from within or without; autonomy; self-determination." 

For a long time I thought I never had this, the freedom to make decisions. without constraint from within or without; I would listen to others who I thought were more learned than I was and I would make choices based on obligation and ties because we are taught to be connected to others.  I never thought I had the right to choose my own path or my own way and that if I chose not to do something I was wrong and selfish, mean or I did it because I wanted to be loved and if I didn't do it just the right way for whoever I would not be loved at all.  Yeap, I was a mess.  Guilt folks, guilt, low self esteem, lack of confidence, condemnation you name it I had it all bundled up in one great big bag called emotions and I couldn't see the city for the smoke no matter how hard I tried. Emotions are powerful powerful things and they will keep you in bondage for as long as you let them.  The mind is indeed a battlefield and a terrible thing to waste.  Break Free.

Freedom is hard won and even when you have won the initial battle there are still little factions or enemy's that come and try to test that freedom to see if you will be easily moved.  Staying free is the key, unencumbered,  knowing where you are going, knowing who you are and making decisions that will add value to your life and to the lives of those around you.  Someone recently told me that if you don't chart your own course people will do it for you and I have found that to be true. 

So to get free, be free and stay free; hmmmm for me it has been about being real about how I feel, facing myself and acknowledging that I am not God and I can't fix everyone and everything, to the exclusion of myself, that if I am not there the building will not fall down.  It has also been about embracing that I am a person of value, that I am lovable and beautiful and gorgeous and that anybody would be blessed to know me.  That God, yes God does indeed love me and whether I want to do anything or not He will still love me and that is what has set me free most of all knowing that I am loved no matter what. It has been about embracing that and accepting that and receiving the peace of God. 

I now have the confidence to leap over mountains and tall buildings (you get my point) to achieve the great things that I never thought I could or never knew that I really wanted.  Being fully out of the box they call it and knowing that there are no limitations to anything in my life only the ones that I put there. It is a daily process, and what has helped is looking in the mirror and acknowledging that I am not perfect but I am getting there one day at a time.

So make your plans but be free and open when they change and just enjoy the ride.

Life is an adventure so...... Get free, Be free and Stay Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment