Thursday, August 23, 2012

A New Place, A New Name


Continuing with the theme of John Carter we find out that when he arrives at this new place he eventually finds out that it has a different name than what he has been taught and learned over the years.  In the movie Mars is called Barsoom.  This place which he knows by a different name is called something else.  Wow, what do you think that means for us? We have now entered a new place, thought we knew the name and find out that it is called something completely different.  And that is not all we learn about this place, it has a different culture, a different people, a different mindset with different customs. It is just different.  So what do you do? Do you force your culture on this new place, or do you learn to go with the flow and adapt in this new situation? Do you stay stuck in your same ole mindset thinking and believing you know everything and that there is only one way to do things or do you make an attempt to relax and learn until you discover what you need to discover to navigate this new place?

So what do you call your new place, a place that looks familiar but is so very different from what you are used to?  Is your new place a relationship, a job, a relocation, sorrow etc.  When I was going through my various places I had various names for them: one was why, another was the ninth rung of hell, the next was help, the next was moving forward, the place I am now in is called HOLD ON and SOON.  They each represent a defining moment in my life’s journey so far.  Each place was new and terrifying and good in its own way and I learned valuable things from each new place.

So now that I have passed through those emotional storms I find myself at a place and looking at a landscape I don’t even recognise anymore.  I am now learning how to walk in a different way because I am quickly learning that the old way of doing things does not work here.  Wow, what a long long long journey.  Just like John Carter through many dangers toils and snares I have already come and this new place with the new name is scary at times.  So I make my steps tentatively until I learn to run and jump.  What I am learning like I mentioned in the last post is that there are skills that I have acquired in all those places that are now coming to the front.  A confidence and a love I have never experienced before, greater clarity of the vision that God has given me and the ability to set my face like flint to go and pursue that vision and all the parts that make up the whole. 

He was and still is trying to show me a more excellent way of doing things.  A way that is not filled with struggle, strife, stress, worry, frustration etc.  I must admit sometimes that I miss the memo but on the times I get it I must say it is soo much better than where I used to be!

So what is your new place called?  Have you realised that you are in a new place yet?  Well then tune in!

I want to encourage you that where you have come from is nothing compared to where you are and where you are going.  This new place is GLORIOUS!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment